For something fruity and delicious to in fact in point of fact sweeten the festive season, want this figgy Christmas cake.
The ingredient of Figgy Christmas cakes
- 50g natural almonds, chopped
- 100ml brandy
- 250g dried Greek figs (see note), finely chopped
- 150g sultanas, chopped
- 125g glace yellowish-brown rind strips (see note), finely chopped
- 125g unsalted butter, softened
- 110g (1/2 cup) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g Italian amaretti biscuits, crumbled
- 75g self-raising flour
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- Thick cream, to assist
- Poached cherries (see related recipe), to assistance
The instruction how to make Figgy Christmas cakes
- complement almonds, brandy and dried and glace fruits in a saucepan and bring to a simmer. separate from heat, cover taking into consideration a lid and cool.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Meanwhile, grease 10 x 125ml (1/2 cup) dariole moulds capably skillfully and line bases once rounds of baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, prominence butter, sugar and a pinch of salt until combined, later emphasis in eggs, one at a time, followed by vanilla and amaretti. Sift flours over, mount up fruit mix and advocate capably skillfully to combine. Spoon violence among moulds, tap approximately work surface to sever air pockets, level tops, later bake for 45 minutes or until cooked when a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean. Stand cakes in moulds for 10 minutes in advance turning out onto a wire rack to cool.
- assistance subsequent to poached cherries and their juices and topped considering cream.
Nutritions of Figgy Christmas cakescalories: 508.353 calories
fatContent: 19 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 9 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 65 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 51 grams sugar
proteinContent: 8 grams protein
sodiumContent: 119.31 milligrams sodium